How Affix Film Production House Wants To Take Gujarati Film Industry Ahead
To understand the journey of Affix Film Production House, we will know the history of Gujarti cinema that starts from as early as 1919 and the Gujarati movies are also getting more attention after 2010 as new technology and production houses emerge.The history of different eras in Gujarati cinema are as given below:
|Silent Film Era||1913–1931|
|Rise And Decline||1970–2000|
Some of the notable awards won by the Dhollywood in the recent years include:
- Wrong Side Raju (2016) won the National Award for Best Feature Film in Gujarati at the 64th National Awards.
- Dhh (2017), a children’s Gujarati film won the award for Best Feature Film in Gujarati at the 65th National Awards.
- Reva: A Journey Within (2018) was declared as the Best Feature Film in Gujarati at the 66th National Awards.
- Hellaro (2019) won the 66th National Film Award for Best Feature Film. Hellaro was also featured at the 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI). at Indian Panorama.
The Gujarati film industry is booming with a fresh wave of artists and scripts revolving around modern life in Gujarat. After notable movies like Be Yaar, Chello Divas, Reva, and the Gujju Bhai series, the Gujarati movie industry is fast becoming a major regional cinema hub in India. There are three major changes made by every reputed film production house:
- After the golden era of Gujarati cinema in the ’70s, a wave of neo-urban movies resonate with today’s youth and have sparked interest in regional movies.
- A lot of new faces have established themselves as Gujarati film industries actors, bringing fresh talent to support contemporary storytelling.
- The development for distribution and funding of regional films has developed significantly in the last 3-4 years.
Affix film production house is one of the emerging names in the industry that has capitalized upon Gujarat’s changing ecosystem. We are planning to come up with many projects that should appeal to diverse audiences with fresh scripts. As a Gujarati film production house, there are many challenges in front of us. For instance, an interview of Abhishek Jain is doing rounds on social media, where he discusses the fact that marketing music from Dhollywood films is challenged by both local television channels and radio stations. This is the same for distribution and marketing.
Thus we have focused on these challenges right from the beginning of our journey and our formal inception as Affix. As a result, we have nurtured one of the best core teams of line producers and seasoned professionals that have worked with various brands, agencies, and fine arts educational institutions. We have one mantra for taking the industry ahead: Stay fresh, relevant, and original.